Monday, August 14, 2017

On the Walls

The exhibition is up. It is in the gallery (where fire engines used to park - a small intimate space), the printing studio and the back room. 

It is always really satisfying to see all of the hard work for the previous 2 years, in one place. The art looks quite different from when works are seen singly in the studio. It is also really satisfying to be able to share the work with others and answer the inevitable question, “How did you do that?”






My fiddly gluing, cutting and HB pencil drawing techniques, once explained, do lead to much eye rolling and questioning of my sanity and yes, I do agree, I am a bit nuts, but making art is so relaxing and meditative that I don’t think about how long or how messy the process can be.



The Opening Celebration went well with a good crowd and many glowing comments plus an unexpected rash of red dots.




Anyone working alone, like I do, must suffer from self doubt from time to time, so having an exhibition when you get feedback from others can be very reassuring. I will enjoy the experience for the next 2 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment