Saturday, September 6, 2014

Finding inspiration on a holiday?





I am still working on drawings and have started two new ones to complete the series. I had planned to finish them before we go away on holiday for nearly 8 weeks but that seems unlikely since as the images show I haven't worked up the heights and depths much at all yet. 

However I’m sure that they will be waiting for me when I return.

I am not sure how much art will occur while we are away since there is relative visiting and bike riding and lots of exploring and walking to do with a husband who is not exceptionally interested in the arts. It is such a long time since we have had the opportunity to travel that it will all be a great adventure, whatever happens.

I am sure that I will take lots of photos of fascinating things. Then, when I return I will have the ethical dilemma of whether or not I should use any “detail in nature” that I have photographed on this holiday, in future works of art.

I guess I am a bit of a purist when it comes to subjects for inspiration. My loyalty is to the Australian landscape and so far I have used only it in my art. I’m sure that rock forms, sand patterns, lichen shapes and so on are much the same everywhere and I am sure that no-one would notice if I use photos from a holiday on the other side of the world, but I would know wouldn’t I?

We shall see. Cheers....


No comments:

Post a Comment