Friday, September 30, 2011

2011 Exhibition

I have been working towards another exhibition. It is at the Firestation Print Studio Gallery in Armadale. It runs from October 12th to October 29th.

Work in the exhibition continues my fascination with detail. While previously this fascination has been with detail in nature, more recently my fascination has extended to man made objects as a son has passed on microscopic images associated with his work in metallurgy. While the exhibition continues my interest in detail in the natural world the focus is on this much closer view and the internal structures of materials seen through a magnifying lens. Hence the title…… Under the Microscope.

Work in the exhibition also reflects my continuing experimentation with medium, as I seek to challenge and broaden my expression. Over the past eighteen months I have been exploring different ways of working with collagraph plates which has resulted in more mixed media prints combining collagraph plates with aquarel or collaged forms. In painting I have continued exploring the properties of string as well as other ways to create a textured surface.

The exhibition contains paintings, drawings and prints eg:

PAINTING EGS: Oil and string on canvas, 70 x 70 cms each



DRAWING EGS: Pencil works x 3. 30 x 30 cms each.

PRINT EGS: Collagraph and acrylic, 30 x 30 cms each


No comments:

Post a Comment